Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Banana Bread

If you're like me, you often buy fruits and vegetables with the full intention of eating them. Then it's Thursday and I'm making microwave s'mores for a snack instead of eating one of the five bananas in my fridge. So I ended up with a few very ripe bananas and suddenly the thought of some Banana Bread was very apeeling.

I distinctly remember that when I was a kid, my mom got me to eat ripe bananas by telling me the dark parts just had more sugar. Excellent tactic but probably a lie. With this super sassy recipe, you can eat your ripe bananas in bread form and stop the lies.



Banana Bread
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana (2 bananas)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
3/4 cup walnuts (optional)
Sugar & Cinnamon mix for topping (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

  2. Cream margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, then bananas. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts if adding nuts.

  3. Pour into a loaf pan. If you want to get super sassy, sprinkle a mixture of sugar and cinnamon on top. This will give you a nice crunchy and sweet top crust.

  4. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 50-60 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).

No comments:

Post a Comment